Next Episode of Living Black is
Living Black is unique. It’s Australia’s premier Indigenous current affairs program, and the only show tackling such issues on prime time television.
Hosted by Karla Grant, the half-hour show provides timely, intelligent and comprehensive coverage of the issues affecting the Indigenous community. It also reports on many stories largely ignored by the mainstream media.
However, Living Black is not just for Indigenous viewers. The program also informs a wider audience about contemporary Indigenous issues, and why they matter to all Australians.
Given the current focus on Australia’s Indigenous community, Living Black is must-see viewing for all Australians.
Living Black began in February 2003 and its brief was to provide a much-needed voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who wanted their say on current issues of concern.
The show was launched with Karla Grant as host and an all-Indigenous production team who thoughtfully assembled a mix of stories, focussing on social and political issues while also covering the arts and sport.
Each Living Black episode provides a comprehensive look at Indigenous current affairs. A typical show includes:
• insightful coverage of the top Indigenous news story of the week
• a thought-provoking studio interview
• an in-depth feature story that examines a serious issue in more detail
• a lighter piece, perhaps a profile on an Indigenous Australian that’s excelled in the arts, academia, business or sport
• a news wrap/week in review
• vox pops during the end credits, where Indigenous people have their say (Source: SBS)
Looks like something went completely wrong!
But don't worry - it can happen to the best of us,
- and it just happened to you.
Please try again later or contact us.